Saturday, May 4, 2013

Prayer Requests as we prepare to leave!

Family and Friends,

My team and I leave for South Africa in 4 days! We are so overwhelmed by Gods provision and are extremely thankful that he has raised all of our support! We could not have gotten to this point without you, your love and support, prayers, and thoughtful financial doantions, so thank you very much! As I prepare to leave for Johannesburg, there are many things that I need to do.  I have a lot of packing to do and a lot of errands to run, but the biggest thing I have been doing is soaking South Africa up in prayer.  My hope is that you will join me in this!  We will be laboring on the college campus of University of Wits (pronounced Vits).  We will be pouring our lives into college students on that campus.  It has been my hope to already start praying for the lives that we come in contact with and for South Africa as a whole.  Pray for the lives of the students on that campus and that God would soften their hearts to the gospel.  We are excited to invest 7 weeks into other students and to selflessly give everything we have to further the kingdom of God. 

I have a few prayer requests below.  A few weeks ago we spent the weekend as a team together for our South Africa retreat.  We joined together and as a team came up with 4 "Trust Gods".  These are things that we are praying for the entire summer and are trusting God that he will do these in and through our lives.  It would mean the world to my team and I if you joined us in praying for these things and clinging to truth in the midst of it! Pray with me!

1.  That each of us would know and enjoy Jesus daily. (Psalm 63:3)

2. That God would raise-up lifelong laborers through our team this summer. We are praying specifically for 13 students to come to know Jesus. (Matthew 9:36, Romans 1:16)

3. That we would grow in team unity. (Hebrews 10:24-25, Proverbs 27:17)

4. That we would grow in personal and world vision. (Psalm 67:4)

I'm so excited to share about this summer and my experiences with you as I embark on my journey to Johannesburg, South Africa! Draw near to the throne of grace with prayer alongside of me! Thanks for your love and support!

Love,
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment