Friday, May 10, 2013

Hello from South Africa

We have made it safely!  Our team arrived in Johannesburg (Jo'burg) yesterday afternoon.  We have already had the privilege of making friends with people here and experiencing small parts of the culture.  I would love to tell you in great detail what we have already experienced, but my time to update you is limited.  We have a lot planned for the day, but I wanted to inform everyone that we are safely here and are slowely settling into our home. 

Our team is staying at a Bed and Breakfast.  We have 3 rooms: 1 room for the guys and 2 rooms for the girls.  Each room has its own bathroom and we are settling in comfortably. 

We ate pizza for dinner last night and their pizza is like something I've never tasted before.  Also, today we went to a cafe and tried burgers and fries.  The food here is not made with as many preservatives as food is in America and so everything is sweet and is healthier for you!

We also attended the Apartheid Museum this morning and were able to see different views of what exactly the Apartheid was and how it affected the South Africans here.  We also went to a separate museum that was all about Nelson Mandella and to see the impact he has had on this country is absolutely unbelievable.

This is only the start of our adventure and I can't wait to share more with you as my summer continues! Please keep praying for my team and I and drawing near to the throne of grace!

With Love,
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment