Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Grand Finale :)



2 days left here and I am beyond blessed! There is so much to update you on but I will give you a small glimpse of our last week here!  



This past weekend we attended the Joint Winter Conference (JWC) in Magaliesburg, South Africa.  This was a weekend full of talks about the Gospel, time to spend with girls and fun events.  The theme of the retreat was “The Link”.  The speaker talked about how there are many events in our lives that God links together to make something great and magnificent.  Those events are hard at times, but in the end, God does things that show you more of him and draw you closer to his throne.  He does all things for a reason and even in those rough times, he is glorified.  Karlie and I had 4 girls go with us and it was a great time to get conversations with them and to really see God move through our lives while we are ending our time here.  Thanks so much for prayers, they are definitely being answered!

(Below are pictures of me and some of the girls at JWC)


(Below is a picture of me bridge swinging in Magaliesburg! One of the coolest things I’ve ever done)

(Below is me, Maira, and Carly before we went bridge swinging)

After a long weekend at JWC, we spent 3 days at a resort as a team.  At this resort we were able to truly experience more of South Africa.  Each day there were 2 safaris that you could go on.  This was a 57,000 acre piece of land where animals roamed freely.  Throughout our stay there, I went on 5 safaris.  This was one of the coolest things I will ever be able to do and if you know my love for elephants, you will be so excited for me.  I got to see elephants multiple times and sometimes they were right next to the road where I could probably touch one if I wanted to.  Along with elephants we saw giraffes, lions, rhinos, hippos, buffalo, leopards, pumas, wildebeests, kudus, and springboks. 

(Below are pictures from our time at the resort and our time on the safaris)
 (This is our team with our 2 safari guides)
  

(Above is the first elephant I saw on the safari)
As we approach the end, I have a few prayer requests but first, I want to say thank you! Thanks for investing in my life and my trip to South Africa.  It has been an amazing adventure and God has grown me in ways I never imagined.  I have seen my life be transformed by the gospel and I know God is daily continuing to sanctify me and make me more like Jesus.  Thanks for prayers and for loving me so well! I can’t say thank you enough! 

Prayer Requests:
1. Pray that we enjoy the rest of our time here as we spend time together as a team and in South Africa. 
2. We are going to Alex, which is a township living in poverty, tomorrow morning.  Please pray that our eyes will be opened to the reality of the physical needs of those in SA.
3. Pray for safe travels and that God will protect us as we embark on a 17 hour plane ride back to America.

See you very soon!  
 Love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment